Rocky Creek Hut is an old stone cottage set within pine and eucalypt plantation. It is a popular group stay destination.
From the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre, travel to Meadows then along Battunga Road towards Echunga for 4.3km. Turn Left on to Razorback Road, travel for 2.4km and enter the gate on the left.
View Rocky Creek Hut in a larger map
GPS: -35˚8΄44˝ 138˚44΄20˝
Facilities and features
- One room cottage, accommodating up to six people on two wooden platforms (bedding not supplied)
- Small food preparation area with sink (crockery, cutlery and cooking equipment not supplied)
- Internal slow combustion wood heater
- Solar lighting inside and outside.
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Fire pit
- Solar lighting inside and out
- Two picnic tables
- Overnight bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November. A minimum of two nights must be booked between Friday and Sunday. Day bookings are available between 1 December and 31 March
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- $60.00 per day / night (all inclusive)
Arrival and departure
- Overnight bookings: 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain access:
phone (08) 8391 8800 (10am - 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Terms and conditions of use
- Many organised competitions and events are held in the Mount Crawford and Kuitpo Forest Reserves. These require the submission of an event application, which are approved on a case by case basis. If your accommodation booking relates to an event please contact the Mount Crawford or Kuitpo Information Centres for more information. Please note that booking of a facility does not necessarily mean your event will be approved. Events need to be booked a minimum of four weeks in advance. ( link to Event Application form )
- You are not permitted to drive in the forest. Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only
- The use of generators is not permitted. Please consider other forest users and keep noise levels down
- Fires: Wood fires are permitted from 1 May to 31 October. Gas fires are permitted from 1 April to 30 November. Dead, fallen timber can be collected from adjoining pine plantations and used for firewood. It is an offence to cut standing timber. Someone must be present at all times and ensure that the fire is fully extinguished before departure
- Cleaning: The hut, toilet and grounds must be left in a clean and tidy state, with all rubbish removed
- Dogs are permitted, provided they are kept under control at all times. Please be aware of fox baiting programs operating in the area
- Other conditions may be imposed by the ForestrySA Ranger
- ENTRY INTO THE FOREST IS NOT PERMITTED ON DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN
- All cancellations must be made at least 30 days prior to the check in date and will incur a $15 ($AUD) cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations made within 30 days of check in date.
- Cancellations are to be reported to the ForestrySA Rangers, and upon approval (provided the cancellation is made at least 30 days prior to the check in date) you will be refunded the cost of the booking less the $15 ($AUD) cancellation fee.
- ForestrySA reserves the right to cancel bookings without prior notice, and with no liability to ForestrySA. On the instances where ForestrySA cancels your booking, you will be refunded 100% of the cost of the booking.