- Senior Ranger
- Suit professional ranger with strong fire management experience
- Autonomous “hands-on” role in world-class Green Triangle region
- Attractive salary package and regional lifestyle
In the Green Triangle region today, ForestrySA continues to have responsibility for the development, implementation and management of programs to ensure the sustainability and health of approximately 12,000 hectares of native forest reserves. This responsibility includes the important task of delivering the prescribed burning program, firefighting preparedness and response.
ForestrySA requires an experienced Senior Ranger to exercise operational supervision of native forest reserves managed by ForestrySA in South Australia’s Green Triangle and the community use of these highly valuable reserves. The appointee will also take an active role in fire protection activities and support ranger related operations in the Mount Lofty Ranges region as required. This is a full-time contract position reporting to the Manager Community & Recreation and is based in Mount Gambier, South Australia.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and implement conservation, visitor management, community engagement & volunteer programs and contractor activities in accordance with land management best practice;
- Coordinate the provision of information services in relation to educational, promotional, conservation and recreational activities;
- Promote ForestrySA’s policies, goals and objectives to agencies and the broader community;Ensure constructive, collaborative arrangements with the local community, forest industry participants, government agencies and representative organisations are maintained;
- ForestrySA meets its legislative requirements in relation to fire management;
- Promote enforcement of the Forestry Act through public interaction and conducting proactive and regular patrols while monitoring facilities standards & maintenance;
- Contribute to relevant policy development & special projects as required.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant qualification in natural resource management. Extensive practical experience in sustainable land management, recreational use and community engagement is required. The development and implementation of operational plans and programs for fire management, pest, plant and animal control and site rehabilitation is an important requisite. You should also have sound experience in the establishment and negotiation of contracts and the management of contractors. A high degree of initiative, commercial judgement and strong communication/ leadership qualities is expected.
To apply for this excellent opportunity which offers an attractive salary package and regional lifestyle please submit your resume to Allan Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number R31042. Initial enquiries can be directed to Allan Rae, Principal at Rae Consulting Pty Ltd on 0418 323 743.